Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Thursday, May 14, 2015

ABC News Anchor George Stephanopoulos Donated $75,000 (updated) to Clinton Foundation

From the Washington Free Beacon:
Stephanopoulos, a former aide to President Bill Clinton, confirmed the donation to POLITICO’s Dylan Byers after the Free Beacon contacted ABC News for comment. The host acknowledged making two donations of $25,000 between 2013 and 2014. Stephanopoulos issued a statement apologizing for failing to disclose the donation.

"I made charitable donations to the Foundation in support of the work they're doing on global AIDS prevention and deforestation, causes I care about deeply," Stephanopolous said. "I thought that my contributions were a matter of public record. However, in hindsight, I should have taken the extra step of personally disclosing my donations to my employer and to the viewers on air during the recent news stories about the Foundation. I apologize."
So George Stephi makes it abundantly clear that Schweizer worked for President Bush for 4 months, but fails to mention that he used to WORK FOR THE CLINTONS and DONATED $75,000 to their Foundation.

No bias, right?

Updated: Looks like the amount is $75,000 after the records were checked back for 3 years, not just 2.  What are they gonna find when they look back 4 or more years?

No comments:

Post a Comment