I speak of the incandescent bulb - the light of my life for all of my years. As of Jan. 1, you have been shut off. That was the mission of a 2007 law that raised energy-efficiency and wattage standards far beyond what you are capable of reaching.(H/T) Instapundit
...............
But I am not ready to see my old incandescent pal go. You had a fine run, my friend. I leave you with some gallows humor:
How many people does it take to shut off an incandescent light bulb?
Answer: 264 members of the House, 65 senators and one Republican president.
A conservative leaning Libertarian stuck in the land of Nuts, Fruits, and Flakes, or as it's affectionately known, by regular people, Kalifornia
Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir
Sunday, January 12, 2014
Elegy for the Incandescent Bulb
From Tom Percell at Townhall.com:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment