Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Monday, November 11, 2013

The Community Organizer Who Can Only Work Alone

From of all places, Vanity Fair:
Successive flights of frustrated senior aides to both the president and the First Lady have battled the Obamas' persistent assumption that supporters (and staffers, for that matter) don't need to be thanked-a battle fought largely in vain. Five years into their tenure, the couple has a social reputation few would have envisioned when they came to town: more standoffish than the Bushes, and ruder than the Clintons.
Something Obama said, and most likely truly believes,
"I think that I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters, I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m going to think I’m a better political director than my political director."
I think his problem is that he doesn't know what he doesn't know.

He has gotten a pass all his life and has never had to perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment