Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Obama’s Big Lie

From Jonah Goldberg at National Review:
All we’ve been hearing the last three years is if you like your policy you can keep it. . . . I’m infuriated because I was lied to,” one woman told the Los Angeles Times, as part of a story on how some middle-class Californians have been stunned to learn the real costs of Obamacare.

And that lie looks like the biggest lie about domestic policy ever uttered by a U.S. president.

The most famous presidential lies have to do with misconduct (Richard Nixon’s “I am not a crook” or Bill Clinton’s “I did not have sexual relations”) or war. Woodrow Wilson campaigned on the slogan “He kept us out of war” and then plunged us into a calamitous war. Franklin D. Roosevelt made a similar vow: “I have said this before, but I shall say it again and again: Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars.”

...............

The burning question about Barack Obama is whether he was simply “playing to win” and therefore lying on purpose, or whether his statements about Obamacare were just another example of, as Obama once put it, “I actually believe my own” spin, though he used another word.
I don't think there is any question that the Dear Leader was playing to win. National Healthcare has been a goal for the Liberals/Democrats for the last 50 plus years. Dear Leader wants to be remembered like FDR and JFK.

His ego wants to leave a mark in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment