Adam Carolla, who I am not a fan of may have accidentally swerved into the thought process of the Occupy Wall Street (OWS) crowd.
They are the first generation, who are now adults, of the "Participation Award" parenting philosophy. This group, the "99%" have been raised under the theory, no one is better than any other, you don't have too work hard for you accomplishments, etc.
He may have explained is best with this example. When I was growing up, when Mr Smith drove by in his Rolls, my father told me about how hard Mr. Smith hard to work to get that car, and if I wanted than expensive cars, I would have to work hard to EARN it. The OWS crowd was raised with the philosophy, that everyone should get that expensive car, just for participation. You didn't have to earn it, you deserve it, just because you attended.
No comments:
Post a Comment