Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Struggling Obama reaches out to 1st Term team for help.

From Ace of Spades HQ:

A first-class temperament, they told us in 2007. Plus, a first-class intellect to go with it.

There's an old bit of wisdom -- old, but true -- that the more you know the more you realize you don't know. And conversely, only someone who knows a tiny little bit could possibly be under the illusion he knows it all.
Obama had always had a high estimation of his ability to cast and run his operation. When David Plouffe, his campaign manager, first interviewed for a job with him in 2006, the senator gave him a warning: "I think I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I’ll hire to do it," he said. "It’s hard to give up control when that’s all I’ve known." Obama said nearly the same thing to Patrick Gaspard, whom he hired to be the campaign’s political director. "I think I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters," Obama told him. "I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m gonna think I’m a better political director than my political director."
TheHill.com is now reporting:
A struggling President Obama is calling for help from members of his first-term A-Team, who have left the White House for other jobs.

With his poll numbers falling and his second-term floundering so far, Obama has sought help from the former aides who helped catapult him to the presidency.

...

One former aide described Obama’s trusted inner circle from the first term as "the originals," and speculated that if they were still at the White House they could have helped prevent some of Obama’s second-term blunders, such as the decision Monday to give a fiery speech criticizing Republicans just hours after 12 people were gunned down a few miles away at the Navy Yard.
But after navel gazing, Team Obama has figured out what's been going wrong with them lately.
Former Obama aides, however, maintain that there has been a messaging problem at the White House ever since Obama won reelection.
Yes, everyone is too stupid to figure out what the Dear Leader is saying, even with the cheerleading of the Drive-By Media.

I expect the umpteenth pivot toward the Economy will be the Dear Leaders decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment